Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The House Goes There

Well after a couple more minor setbacks we've finally gotten this ball rolling.  Monday, our contractor staked out where the house will lay, so Becca and I stopped by to see where exactly our new house would be placed.  I walked around the stringed off area and pointed out to Becca where the kitchen, bedroom, etc. would be to which she cautiously claimed, "It looks kinda small."  Oh boy.  I didn't tell her but I kind of agreed; however, I've since been told by multiple people who have been through this process that throughout the whole thing there will be phases where the house looks really small and phases where the house looks really big.  In the end, I'm told, with everything in place it will be just what you expected.  I can't wait for that day.


2 comments:

  1. It definitely does look small when just laid out. It will look bigger when all the studs are in place and then shrink some again when the Sheetrock goes up. Odd thing is it will probably look bigger again when you get furniture in it. Have fun and hope all goes well. Lots of decisions left to be made if you haven't already picked out everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Danny. I remember standing on the empty floor of the entire looking around and saying "Is this it?" I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete